Take care of home…don’t neglect your dreams!
I struggled with the post for today. It’s not that I didn’t have anything to talk about. I had a very busy week so I honestly have lots to share. I won’t keep this post long though. Highlights and lessons learned over the last 7 days.
- GO HARD FOR YOU: If you can go hard for someone else, you better believe you can go hard for yourself. I realized that after marketing for an event that we had on Saturday. People noticed both near and far. It was a brilliant marketing strategy that engaged the community for FREE! You can do the same for yourself. Promote yourself daily because people are watching!
- DON’T SUBSCRIBE TO NEGATIVE ENERGY: You don’t have to entertain those that are constantly negative. They have their own issues. You continue to spread the good vibes with them, but you don’t have to receive their toxic behavior. Guard your spirit.
- EXPLORE YOUR COMMUNITY: There are some amazing things going on in your own backyard. Someone is using their skill to enrich your community that you may be unaware of. I discovered that my local airport is housing one of the fighter planes from World War II. We took about 25 students to view the “Red Tails” plane that is 1 of 7 left of the model used by the Tuskegee Airmen.
- WRITE THE VISION: Make it plain. Going back to the basics of writing down all of my dreams, and what I want to happen within the next six months to a year. Post reminders around my house, so I am constantly reminded of what I want and pray that it’s aligned with God’s will for my life.
- TAKE ACTION: Pretty self explanatory right? Do what you have to do to make things happen. Take the leap of faith, and do what’s best for your future. You owe it to yourself, your community, and the world to be the best person you can be. Just Do It!
Don’t forget to take care of home. Your dreams are just as important as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Oprah, Denzel Washington, or Taraji P. Henson visions. They took risks, and didn’t neglect their dreams. So much is in store for you and I. Let’s get out there and make it happen!